Rainbow Kindergarten consists of a play room, art/dining room, wash/change room, office, kitchen and an outdoor play area with safety matting and a variety of play equipment.
The Children’s art work and photographs are always on display for all to see. In this room we have a role play corner, computer activities, construction play, table games, puzzles, story corner, music and small world areas.
The Art/Dining room joins onto the play room and is used for arts and crafts as well as for snacks and lunches.
Why Choose Us
- The nursery team works closely with parents and children to provide care to a high standard by ensuring the children have a Personal Learning Plan, which is individual to their own development needs and interests.
- We are working towards becoming an Eco Nursery and the children are involved in learning about how to look after the environment.
- The nursery provides nutritious meals which are prepared daily. Meals are eaten together helping to encourage social skills.
- We are happy to cater for special dietary requirements.
Meal TimesWe are happy to cater for special dietary requirements, we update the menu regulary. We aim to keep the website updated with the latest menus.
Baby Rainbow - EdinburghNutritious meals which are prepared daily!
Our Nurseries Are Child CenteredStaff meet regularly to discuss plans based on our observations. The focus is on each child as an individual.
The planning schedule
Play is recognised as a vital vehicle for learning and the activities are planned to cater for the children’s all round development needs and they support specific interests.
Play ExperiencesOur aim is to create a child friendly environment.
Experimenting with sensory play
Your child will be busy building, dressing up, enjoying books & stories, painting & creating master pieces, baking, experimenting with sensory play.
What's Sensory PlaySensory Play and Early Child Development, we have many sensory crafts for children.
Sensory PlayThis is where your child can be included in any activity that stimulates their senses: touch, smell, taste, sight and hearing.
Hours of opening
|Full-time/Full Days||8.00am to 6.00pm|
|Part-time Mornings||8.00am to 1.00pm|
|Part-time Afternoons||1.00pm to 6.00pm|
Children are able to attend either full-time or part-time for as many full or half days as would suit them. The minimum weekly attendance is 2 half-days.
The weekly fees above guarantee your child access to:
- Professional care.
- A stimulating, innovative and progressive learning environment.
- The opportunity to develop socially.
- Lots of fun, giggle and cuddles!
To discuss your childcare needs and arrange a visit to our nursery in Edinburgh simply call us:
Baby Rainbow 0131 229 8742 Rainbow Kindergarten 0131 228 1668
What Our Parents & Guardians Say